Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Diving with Homer Simpson

Homer acting like a big celebrity that he is. NO PHOTO PLS!
Most would say, a picture tells a thousand words.

A diver would say, Picture or it didn't happen! ;)


Lo' and behold, my first underwater photos. Must be the most interesting diving experience yet. I was diving with our divemaster intern, Jiline. It was just me and Jiline - both very much strangers to the underwater world ;). 


Props to all the underwater photographers out there. After 2 dives, my photos came out mostly blurred and let's not get started on the angles. I snap whatever I could and no amount of Photoshop will give it justice. My photos of nudiebranch turn out looking like a flat worm. A porcupine fish looks very much like a flounder. And everything else underwater seems to be in a rough current. Panning maybe? 


The morning started with plenty of hot chocs and coffee and munching on biscuits (thats me). Billy the Kid gave me a crash course on compact camera underwater use. 


*HMM*


I can handle it on land no problem but underwater, tricky tricky.


Borneo Dream 3 departing Sutera Marina






Billy the Kid - lack of sugar makes him.. Well, just look at that face.


Gene & James "The Legend".


Legend showing the route to the underwater playground. Spot the SeeSaw?? =D


Rebreather Boy. 


Pipefish


Jilline - ROXY!!


2nd dive of the day = Legend's lunch time. Nice catamaran eh ;)


No, this wasn't taken from an aquarium


Trees. They are TREES right? Or was it plants? o_O


A Derasa? Least I know it's unisex


A nudie that look 10ounce heavier due to my u/w photography skills. Doesn't happen on human only. =P


Awww..





Another flat worm looking Nudiebranch. Oops!
Photos are from diving trip with Borneo Dream in Sapi House Reef and Suluq reef. More of this later. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment